I´m trying to introduce more veggies into Dan´s diet since he has to get in shape for his Baker to Vegas Marathon in March. We ran from home to the Rose Bowl and back as part of his training so it was only natural we were starving afterwards. Ive made cauliflower pizza crust before from a Pinterest recipe i saw a long time ago from Knead To Cook and thought it was perfect for today.
We love cauliflower! It is wonderful raw, pickled, in a chopped salad, roasted, steamed, mashed with butter and onions, and marinated but as a pizza crust who knew. A healthy pizza crust might i add. It is an amazing grain free, gluten free phenomenon, that tastes delicious and pleases children and grownups alike. I topped it with mushrooms, tomato, green bell peppers, onions and poached shredded chicken and it was delish. Dan certainly seemed to love it since he ate all of it! Now you have a healthy pizza option for that summer bod we are all working for. Hope you enjoy!
1 cauliflower head, finely chopped or grated
1 large egg
1 cup of Parmesan Cheese
3 garlic, minced
2 grinds of black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees with your pizza stone on the lowest rack setting.
– Make sure you’re starting with washed cauliflower that has been dried as much as possible.
– Take your florets (with most of the stems removed) and place in your food processor until fluffy (if you don´t have a food processor you can chop it finely or use a potato peeler)
– Heat up the chopped cauliflower in the microwave for about 8 minutes. Meanwhile mix your cheese, herbs, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
– Once the cauliflower is heated mix with the rest of the ingredients and use your hands to mash them.
– Place in a pizza stone, skillet or parchment paper and bake it for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
– Once pizza crust is done you can top it with whatever you want and voila!