Its been FOREVER since i last posted something and lots have happened! I came back to Honduras and started my own juicery called ROOTS JUICERY and luckily enough its the first cold-pressed juicery in Honduras. God willing it will turn out successful! I finished my T25 and 2 months ago i started again and love every minute of it!
As you may know a Paleo Diet (or caveman diet) is a diet based on lean protein, fruits and veggies, healthy fats, that means bye bye processed food. Im tweaking it a little bit and im cutting things like chicken (yuck!), turkey, red meats and just sticking to seafood and fish. Also im trying to eat more raw veggies and introduced protein shakes to my diet. Reading It Starts With Food motivated me to start a semi paleo diet for the next 5 months. Have to shred the pound off!
Today im sharing a recipe by Oatmeal With Fork (original recipe here) that was both my lunch and dinner simply because it was fantastic. I added olives and olive juice to it just to make it a bit more salty since i omitted salt. Its both vegan and paleo so its good for your diet preference. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1T. shallot or onion, chopped fine
- 1 c. mushrooms, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- olives and olive juice
- 2 large carrots, ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- ¾ c. marinara sauce
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shallot or onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, olives, and pepper, and cook 5-6 minutes until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in the carrot ribbons and saute for one minute.
- Stir in the sauce, and let everything cook for 6-8 minutes until ‘noodles’ are done to your liking.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!