Yesterday i went to the movies and saw The Fault In Our Stars and cried my eyes out! Cried even more when i first read the book, but this movie… oh man! So this morning not only did i wake up with puffy eyes but had to work because today is farmers market saturday and shopping with sunglasses is not a good idea. After i had everything to make juices this week i bought my grocery list I started this Whole30 diet which is basically a very strict paleo diet ad for me its a strict pesceterian paleo diet. Saw some beautiful portobello mushrooms and figured i could do something with this.
And so i did! My brother was having a juicy burger so i decided to make my version of his burger. Hope you enojoy!!
Makes 1 burger
2 portobello mushrooms
1 tuna patty or the meat of your choice onions
garlic infused olive oil
– Add a little of garlic olive oil to both sides of your portobello mushrooms and grill 5 minutes each side.
– Start topping of your “burger”
Yes… that simple!
Its been FOREVER since i last posted something and lots have happened! I came back to Honduras and started my own juicery called ROOTS JUICERY and luckily enough its the first cold-pressed juicery in Honduras. God willing it will turn out successful! I finished my T25 and 2 months ago i started again and love every minute of it!
As you may know a Paleo Diet (or caveman diet) is a diet based on lean protein, fruits and veggies, healthy fats, that means bye bye processed food. Im tweaking it a little bit and im cutting things like chicken (yuck!), turkey, red meats and just sticking to seafood and fish. Also im trying to eat more raw veggies and introduced protein shakes to my diet. Reading It Starts With Food motivated me to start a semi paleo diet for the next 5 months. Have to shred the pound off!
Today im sharing a recipe by Oatmeal With Fork (original recipe here) that was both my lunch and dinner simply because it was fantastic. I added olives and olive juice to it just to make it a bit more salty since i omitted salt. Its both vegan and paleo so its good for your diet preference. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1T. shallot or onion, chopped fine
- 1 c. mushrooms, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- olives and olive juice
- 2 large carrots, ribboned with a vegetable peeler
- ¾ c. marinara sauce
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shallot or onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, olives, and pepper, and cook 5-6 minutes until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add in the carrot ribbons and saute for one minute.
- Stir in the sauce, and let everything cook for 6-8 minutes until ‘noodles’ are done to your liking.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
We recently became Costco members and who knew you can find so much stuff there for a good price. Since we are new members, we went crazy on our first trip and bought so much food that i needed to clean the fridge and i was trying to come up with recipes in where i could incorporate the produce we had inside. I decided to make a pear cucumber salad with a honey vinegar dressing that is so fresh and light you will fell like you are losing weight. This was our side dish for my sesame seed tuna steak and Dan´s Hoisin chicken. This would be a perfect summer salad and that´s why you gotta love LA because its always a hot summer day.
– 2 cucumbers
– 1 pear
– 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
– 2 tbsp grape seed oil
– 2 tbsp honey
– Peel the cucumbers with a potato peelers to make some sort of noodles or ribbons
– Cut the pear into squares and place in a bowl
– Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk and pour on top of salad
– Use mint to decorate your salad
Recientemente nos convertimos en miembros de Costco y quien sabía que se puede encontrar de TODO y por un buen precio. Como somos nuevos miembros, nos volvimos locos en nuestro primer dia y compramos tanta comida que tenía que limpiar la refrigeradora y estaba tratando inventar recetas en donde podría incorporar las frutas y verduras antes que se arruinaran. Decidí hacer una ensalada de pera y pepino con un aderezo de vinagre y miel que es tan fresco y liviano que pensaran que están bajando de peso. Acompañe esta ensalada con un filete de atún y pollo Hoisin de Dan. Esta sería una ensalada perfecta para el verano perfecto y si viven en un lugar caliente es perfecta para todo el año. Buen Provecho!
Para la ensalada
– 2 pepinos
– 1 pera
Para el aderezo
– 3 cucharadas de vinagre de vino blanco
– 2 cucharadas de aceite de semilla de uva
– 2 cucharadas de miel
– Pelar los pepinos con un peladores de papas para hacer una especie de fideos o cintas
– Cortar la pera en cuadrados y colocar en un bowl
– Combinar todos los ingredientes del aderezo y revuelva y viertan encima de la ensalada
– Utilice la menta para decorar su ensalada